Discover NZ - Te Reo Māori version
Int price: $17.38
An Edugames product
Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere
A Māori Educational Quiz Game
Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere is an educational card game designed and made in New Zealand to support Te Reo Māori. Designed for adults and children from primary age upwards, Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere combines education with the fun and excitement of a game.
Discover NZ is a uniquely New Zealand game, with 100 cards and 400 questions – ALL about New Zealand. These questions aren’t trivia, but are good general knowledge questions from a range of areas. The questions are set at four different levels – so that anyone from primary school age upwards can play.
Discover NZ has 100 beautiful photos of New Zealand – this makes it an attractive gift for New Zealanders and visitors alike. This is a great game for travel and home, revealing some of the wonder of New Zealand.
Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere has been professionally translated and then proofread by another professional translator. It was designed as a Te Reo resource for schools, families and communities. Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere is available at discounted rates for sale as a fundraiser for your community (contact us for more details).
- Totally in Te Reo Māori – professionally translated. Can be used alongside the English language version (to provide an accurate translation)
- Designed & made for NZ
- Broad range of questions about relevant topics
- Not Trivia – but good educational material
- 400 Questions & Answers on 100 cards in a convenient box
- 100 beautiful photos of NZ
- Extra interesting information is included with the answers
- 4 different levels of challenge
- Ages: 8 to 108
- Players: 2+ (& can be played in teams, used as class quiz, tests etc)
- Designed so adults & children can easily play together
- Supports the NZ School Curriculum
- Full instruction on how to play, plus suggestions for other methods of play
Examples of Questions / Answers
E tika ana he karu tuatoru tō te tuatara?
A. Āe (Ka whānau te tuatara me te toru karu. Kāore e kitea te karu tuatoru i raro i te kiri mata o te tuatara, ā, ka tipuria e te unahi i te whā ki te ono marama)
E pātata ana a Hiruhārama ki tēhea awa o Aotearoa?
A. a – Waipa, b – Waikato, [C- Whanganui], d – Wairoa
Kei te takutai o tēhea roto a Queenstown?
A. Te Roto o Wakatipu
Topics covered include:
History, Geography, Sports, Birds, Animals, Fauna, Politics, Famous people, Music, Māori, Film, Place Names, Literature, Climate, Business, Art, Technology, Disasters, World Firsts, Quotes, General Knowledge
The purpose of Discover NZ – Mōkihi Haere is to provide an opportunity for adults and children to practice and develop Te Reo Māori while having fun and learning about New Zealand.