Grow Me Well: Nutritional Know How For Every Body by Dee and Tamarin Pignéguy
Following on from the sell-out success of their book Feed Me Right, mother and daughter team Dee and Tamarin Pignéguy now bring you Grow Me Well, which takes you further on your journey towards understanding the link between healthy food and a healthy body.
Grow Me Well reveals all you ever wanted to know - and more - about the inner workings of your body. Designed to appeal to teenagers, Grow Me Well actually makes the whole idea of nutrition and body science interesting to all age groups.
Well-researched, Grow Me Well is aimed at helping turn the tide on childhood obesity and diabetes by showing the reader how to avoid foods that cause disease. The unique design of this book encourages young readers to make healthy food choices by getting across the message that there is a link between disease and junk food.
Grow Me Well is for:
- Curious young minds.
- Students of all ages studying anatomy, physiology and nutritional science.
- Supporting parents to get the healthy food message across to their children.
- Helping parents and grandparents raise healthy children.
- For parents who may find the subject of healthy food hard to communicate.
- Teachers to use as an educational tool for students.
- Health professionals of all modalities to help educate their clients.
“A must have book for all Kiwi households with growing children.” - Sue Kedgley
“Grow Me Well negotiates the simple relationships between eating well and attaining superb health in a fun and easily readable format. As a nutrition educator, it is reassuring to see a sound foundation in nutrition science underpinning this story... New Zealand-authored nutrition books of this genre are rare: I would go so far as to say this is the best book to support New Zealand nutrition education that I have seen.” - Wendy Slatter DHSC, M ED (HONS)
Hardback | 210 x 270mm | 978-0-9582966-9-4 | November 2013 | Children, teens and adults; parents, teachers